Friday 29 April 2011

Money Saving Tips on a Student Budget

I’m trying to win an iPad 2 in the iSave, iWrite, iPad competition from PlayPennies.com!

As my student days are coming to an end I thought it would be a good idea not only to share any tips for saving the pennies for others but also put them down in writing so I remember them post-university.

One of my top tips for saving money on food is to buy when things are on offer and stock up the freezer. What may cost more one month will save you money the next if you do it this way and it also pushes you to be creative with what you have in.

I also swear by packed lunches especially when I am out of the house around lunchtime because it is so easy to buy a Boots meal deal but before you know it you've down about £20 by the end of the week after buying lunch on the go each day. With a packed lunch you can not only save money but also opt for a more healthier option than sandwich and crips with a chocolate bar. I often instead buy a pack of wraps and individually freeze them and take one out each night to defrost and make up my lunch before going to a lecture.

Buying fruit from the market will also save you a small fortune. Supermarket fruit and vegetables are often very expensive which means we often spend lots in an effort to eat healthier but by finding a dependable fruit stall who stock good quality fruit and a low price will really help you to watch the pounds (both in terms of your pocket and your waist!)

Finally, a tip my house mates and I live by is to pay bills monthly. Not only does it save you money it is also a more accurate way for you to keep track of your metres which means you do not rely upon gas and electric companies estimates as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment